Do you feel great about your age until you look at your eyes?
Often, the first part of our face to show signs of aging is our eyes (especially for men).
Even if you’ve applied moisturizer since you were ten years old, the eye area is particularly vulnerable to aging. The skin is thin and fragile, and it lacks oil glands, so it’s more prone to losing moisture. It’s also short on collagen and elastin fibers, which means it’s the first skin to sag, bag, and form wrinkles.
On top of that, we’re always moving our eyes—shifting and blinking them all the time. Plus we strain them with consistent computer/tablet/phone use and irritants like smoke, smog, perfumes, and allergens.
So of course, it becomes our pursuit to find a natural solution to take our eyes back in time.
Our answer is the Anti-Aging Eye Cream. Sure, there are a zillion eye creams out there—and a fair amount of natural eye creams, too, but our formula holds a special place in our hearts (and on our eyes) because of the unique combination of moisturizing oils and anti-aging herbs.
Natural Ingredients that Beautify Your Eyes
Our poor eyes need help, and lots of it. Many natural eye creams boast of certain token ingredients that can help your eyes, but these products may not have enough of the ingredient to be potent enough to work—often skin care companies will fill a product with water and then add a small amount of the advertised ingredient, so you don't actually get the benefits. (That's called greenwashing and it's one reason we suggest to always check the ingredients on your products.)
finding effective ingredients
If you’re really serious about reducing the appearance of aging, you’ve got to pull out the big guns. You need ingredients that can really help in all the areas where eyes need help, not just one or two, and you need them to be in high enough concentration in your products to make a real difference.
A moisturizing eye cream, for example, may do little to protect vulnerable skin around the eyes from environmental stressors. A plumping eye cream may do little to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles. An anti-wrinkle eye cream may do nothing for firming and tightening.
a synergistic blend
But we didn't want to make an eye cream that would require you to use more products on top of it in order to get the results you want, so we filled our formula with key ingredients that work synergistically to improve every facet of aging around the eyes.
A Natural Eye Cream That Targets All Areas of Aging
What is your eye concern? Odds are we have something in our Anti-Aging Eye Cream that will help.
Tightening and Firming
If your concern is tightening and firming, we’ve covered that. Here’s a glimpse of some of the ingredients we used:
- Gotu kola. Gotu kola is an amazing ingredient for preserving and restoring a youthful look to the skin.
- Eyebright. This antioxidant-rich ally helps reduce the appearance of puffiness around the eyes.
- St. John’s Wort. This ingredient is soothing and hydrating.
- Goji berry. Contains 11 essential minerals, including calcium, zinc, and selenium. It also contains high levels of vitamin C.
- Rosemary. Rich in antioxidants, which helps protect skin.
- Horsetail. Helps tone skin for a tighter appearance.
- CoQ10. Stimulates and rejuvenates.
Reduce the Appearance of Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Wrinkles and fine lines can creep up on you without warning. One day you look in the mirror and there they are, making tracks from the corners of your eyes to your temples, or piling up beneath your eyes.
- Milk thistle. It’s a natural source of “silymarin,” which provides antioxidant benefits, protecting skin from environmental stressors.
- Green tea. Creates more youthful look. Green tea also protects.
- Hibiscus. Also called the “Botox plant,” hibiscus is a natural source of alpha-hydroxy acids that help naturally exfoliate and hydrate, which helps encourage fresher, younger looking skin.
- Rhodiola. It contains powerful antioxidants that protect—studies show rhodiola is comparable to vitamin C as an antioxidant. It also can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Reduce the Appearance of Dark Circles
Hate those dark circles under your eyes that make it look like you didn’t get any sleep? Here are ingredients in our eye cream that help with this persistent problem:
- Licorice root. This ingredient helps reduce the look occasional redness, but it’s also a great natural ingredient for reducing the appearance of dark areas on the skin, including dark circles under the eyes.
- Butcher’s broom. This amazing ingredient reduces the appearance of puffiness and dark circles.
- Cucumber. You may have already experienced the benefits of raw cucumbers on your eyes. We include them in our eye cream because they help cool and have natural lightening properties.
Concerned that your skin will react to your eye cream? You don’t have to be concerned with our product. We’ve taken steps to reduce the risk of irritation.
- Chamomile. It has a great reputation for calming. It helps soothe dry skin.
- Comfrey. This moisturizing ingredient has a great reputation for calming and soothing skin.
- Lavender. Several studies confirm that lavender is great for calming skin.
- Sea buckthorn. It’s also a great source of vitamin C, and provides hydrating fatty acids.
You may not think of the skin around your eyes as being dry, but if you’re seeing signs of aging, it most likely is. Luckily there are several natural plant oils that can restore the moisture and thus help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Life everlasting flowers. These are rich in natural fatty acids that help moisturize while shoring up the skin’s natural barrier, helping to retain more moisture for the future.
- Avocado oil. A high concentration of oleic acid means avocado penetrates well into the skin.
- Mango seed butter. Dry patches, flakiness, and even sensitive skin can benefit from daily application of mango butter, which goes to work deeply moisturizing.
- Jojoba oil. This is a proven moisturizer, with studies documenting that it can improves the feel of skin, and provides long-lasting hydration.
Would you believe that even with all the above, we still haven’t covered half the ingredients in this product?
Bill Hendrick, “Eyes Offer Clues to Age and Alertness,” WebMD, February 6, 2009, http://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/news/20090206/eyes-offer-clues-to-age-and-alertness.