We are a growing organic, natural skin care company looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our 20+ person team as our Accountant. Reporting to the CEO, you will work to maintain and improve our existing accounting processes. You will be responsible for creating and managing yearly budgets, processing payroll, owning month-end/year-end close, AP/vendor management, policy roll-outs, helping manage banking/investor relationships, and ad-hoc projects. You will also manage our part-time Finance Intern.
The ideal candidate has experience thinking analytically and ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting. You are excited by the idea of creating a detailed plan for projects of any size, focused on shared department goals and delivering process optimization. Your organization and attention to detail are your strongest traits. Additionally, you are a self-starter, who is able to look at the big picture and partner with the CEO and other executive team members to guide our company’s growth.
- Develop and oversee the yearly budget for the company.
- Work with cross-functional teams (HR, Finance, Marketing, Operations, etc.) to help them manage their financial goals and drive better efficiency and productivity.
- Monitor fiscal performance and financial data, prepare monthly & annual reports, and look for variances and/or trends.
- Manage banking relationships and work with the CEO to ensure the company is properly funded.
- Create, adjust and enter journal entries into our accounting software.
- Maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, and resolving discrepancies.
- Own inventory accounting and support in the management of inventory levels.
- Manage the expense reporting process and vendor invoices.
- Complete yearly 1099 filings.
- Complete payroll, accounting tasks, and ensure accurate month-end process and close.
- General bookkeeping responsibilities, including but not limited to managing A/P and A/R.
- Monitor fiscal performance and financial data, prepare monthly & annual reports, and surface variances and/or trends.
- Handle state sales tax reporting as well as international tax requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures, and ongoing evaluation of operational effectiveness.
- Respond to requests from department leads for financial expertise.
- Help manage budgets with respective managers as needed.
- Manage special projects of significant complexity or financial impact.
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
- Maintain responsibility for the fiscal integrity of all financial reporting and operations.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations, compliance, and legislation.
- Knowledge of GAAP and IFRS is necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business, or a related field.
- CPA, not necessary, but a plus.
- 5+ years of accounting or bookkeeping experience in a similar or larger sized company.
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping, and computer operation.
- Previous experience with e-commerce, B2C, inventory & logistics, marketing, and CPG.
- Proficient in Excel/Google Sheets, and QuickBooks.
- Experience in Unleashed (Inventory Management), Shopify, and NetSuite a plus.
- The ability to adjust to multiple demands, rapid changes, and shifting priorities.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a remote environment is a plus.
- An interest and/or passion for the health/natural beauty industry is preferred.
- We are passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workplace. All are equally welcome!
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY:
- Please provide a video cover letter telling us why you think you're a good fit for this position, and why you want to be a part of Annmarie Skin Care. Upload the video to a video website like YouTube.com and copy the direct link.
- Email us at [email protected] with your video cover letter and your resume.
Looking forward to meeting you!