Even though we sell organic skin care, we’ll be the first to tell you that the first step to glowing, radiant skin is a good diet.
But while we like a protein-packed smoothie and organic granola as much as the next person, we don’t like spending so much time and money to find them.
This is a common reason that people sometimes choose not to eat high quality, organic foods: the price tag.
And it’s understandable. Paying a few dollars more for that organic peanut butter, extra virgin coconut oil, or gluten-free bread mix can really add up over time.
So when we discovered a new resource that makes shopping for healthy groceries much easier and less expensive, we were very, very excited. It's called Thrive Market, an online shopping club offering organic, non-GMO foods, and natural products—things you already buy, like Dr. Bronner’s soap, fair trade chocolate, and Bob's Red Mill flours.
The best part? Everything on Thrive Market sells at wholesale prices, between 25-50% lower than in stores. Imagine if Whole Foods started selling online, at Costco prices, and they delivered. That's Thrive.
One cool way to use it is to send gifts to family and friends, maybe those who live in an area where healthy products aren't so readily available.
We got memberships for our whole team, and since it seemed like something our customers and readers would enjoy, we connected with Thrive to get you a special price on yours. 🙂
What does eating with Thrive Market look like? Here's a recipe from Lisa, our Affiliate Manager who also happens to be an amazing cook. It includes several ingredients you can find on Thrive, like gluten-free tamari, organic Sauerkraut, and extra virgin olive oil (at a fraction of the cost you'd normally pay).
Lisa’s Super Healthy Breakfast Plate
This breakfast is perfect for a Saturday morning when you want to slowly savor something super yummy and nourishing.
- 1-2 cups of greens (kale, collards, swiss chard, spinach, etc.), chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp gluten-free tamari
- 4 pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp raw coconut oil
- 1-3 eggs
- Spices to your taste: salt, pepper, cayenne, curry, and rosemary
- ¼ avocado
- 1 tsp miso
- 1 slice of your favorite bread
- ¼ cup Sauerkraut
- ½ small tomato, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh berries
1. Sauté your greens in a pan with garlic and extra virgin olive oil on low-medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, until greens begin to wilt. Season with tamari and top with sesame seeds and kalamata olives. Remove and put on a plate.
2. In the same pan as you used to cook the greens, add coconut oil and adjust heat to medium. Once coconut oil melts, add your eggs to the pan and cook them in whatever style tickles your fancy. When they’re ready, sprinkle your spices on top. Place eggs next to your greens.
3. Mix avocado and miso together, then spread lightly on toasted bread. Add sliced tomatoes on top. Plate it!
4. Add your Sauerkraut to your plate, with a bowl of berries (or whatever fruit you have on hand) on the side. Enjoy with herbal tea or hot water with lemon.
Ingredients you can get from Thrive: extra virgin olive oil, gluten-free tamari, organic kalamata olives, raw coconut oil, organic Sauerkraut, and organic spices.
What’s awesome about this recipe is that it’s totally customizable. You can keep the non-perishable ingredients on hand and adjust the recipe according to what produce you have at the moment.
How to Save on Organic Goods with Thrive
A membership to Thrive Market only costs $5 a month ($59.95 per year). It gets you access to all of the amazing deals on the non-GMO, organic, high quality products you love. Plus, Thrive Market ships your order directly to your front door, anywhere in the continental United States. (Orders over $49 ship for free!)
Thrive truly wants everyone to be able to afford foods and products that are good for their body. So for every paying member who joins, they donate one free membership to a family in need. This is the kind of mission driven business we feel really good about supporting.
We're on Thrive Market, and we think you'll get a lot out of using it as well. So we put together this special offer for you to get a discount on your groceries. You can use it and decide if it's right for you and your family, and maybe even try some new products you wouldn't have otherwise!
Here’s hoping you enjoy these great deals as much as we have!
What is We Heart
You can subscribe to We Heart to stay in the loop about our monthly picks (and sometimes score some great deals on them!).
what’s your skin snapshot?
Take the Quiz
Our skin is affected by many factors, including our environment, health, the food we eat, and more. Get your free personalized results and find out your skin snapshot!