Hey there, America’s Leading Healthy Lifestyle Expert, Danette May, here! I’m so excited for the chance to share with you one of the biggest, juiciest, yummiest secrets I have. In fact, not so long ago, it was a secret to most of us.
So what is it?
Now, stay with me here because I’m sure you’re staring at your screen wondering, “Who is this woman? Does she not know that everyone knows about chocolate? And that most of the time it’s really not all that healthy?”
The answer is, yes, of course, I do. But the chocolate I’m talking about here is not found in the candy bars lining the checkout lanes at your local supermarket. It’s not even the dark chocolate squares you’ve no doubt heard are healthier than the highly processed milk chocolate.
I’m talking about ceremonial-grade raw cacao — one of the healthiest foods on the planet.
I was so blown away by the power of this incredible gift from Mother Earth that I knew I had to bring this ancient wisdom to our modern society. And so Cacao Bliss was born.
What is Cacao Bliss?
First, let’s start with the difference between ceremonial-grade raw cacao, regular cacao, and cocoa.
Ceremonial-grade raw cacao is harvested and then laid out in the sun to be dried, leaving its powerful nutrients intact. It’s not heat-processed in a factory, stripping it of its massive health benefits. There’s also nothing added to it (like sugars, etc.). Ceremonial-grade raw cacao is made from beans that have been sun-dried and ground into a powder — just as Mother Earth intended.
Unlike regular cacao and cocoa (note the different spellings), ceremonial-grade raw cacao contains two very special properties:
Theobromine, which creates energy in the body without jitters and increases cognition in the brain so you can think clearer.
Anandamide, called the “Bliss Molecule” because it creates a sense of bliss inside your body. Ceremonial-grade raw cacao is one of only TWO foods in the world that contain anandamide.
Adding the bliss
In order to make ceremonial-grade raw cacao even more beneficial to our modern-day ways of life, my team and I sourced 7 of the most potent and delicious superfoods on the planet and infused them with the raw cacao. Together, they work synergistically to enhance your energy and mental clarity, boost your immunity, curb cravings, and really help you feel your best and go to the next level.
The 7 superfoods include:
- Turmeric — Properties in turmeric may help support joint health, boost immunity, and may help with temporary inflammation related to physical exercise*
- MCT Oil — The fatty acids in MCT oil may support brain health, boost mental and physical energy, and can assist with weight loss when used in conjunction with diet and exercise*
- Lucuma — Nutrients in lucuma act as antioxidants to protect your cells against the effects of free radicals, and help support blood sugar levels already within a normal range*
- Plus 4 additional superfoods that promote overall wellness* — organic cinnamon, Himalayan sea salt, mesquite, and black pepper fruit
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
While each of these superfood ingredients brings their own massive health benefits, together they create a delicious blend you can enjoy every single day.
How to indulge
You don’t have to sit in a sacred ceremony to receive the benefits of ceremonial-grade raw cacao. (Though I highly recommend this profound activity if you ever get a chance to do it.) Just crack open a pouch of Cacao Bliss and add it to:
- Cookies, cakes, brownies
- Desserts like fudge, peanut butter balls, and pudding
- Coffee or any of your other favorite drinks
The options are endless, but I’ve included one of our very favorite recipes (Chocolate Mint Cookies) below. In addition to Cacao Bliss Hot Chocolate, it’s definitely a fan favorite!
My mission, your benefit
It is my soul’s mission to make sure that every person on the planet is living as the truest, fullest expression of themselves.
You can be sure, right to the center of your being, that when you drink or eat anything that includes Cacao Bliss, you are choosing the most decadent, healthy chocolate for you.
I’m sending a big, special thank you to Annmarie Skin Care (and to YOU!) for allowing me to introduce you to my juicy secret. If you feel called to integrate Cacao Bliss into your daily routine, here’s just one recipe to help you do that. You can also visit my blogs at DanetteMay.com and EarthEchoFoods.com for more recipe inspiration.
Chocolate mint cookie recipe
Makes 18-24 cookies
1 cup almond flour
½ cup Cacao Bliss
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup unrefined coconut oil
¼ cup creamy almond butter
¼ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup organic coconut sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 large egg
1 cup dark chocolate chips, 70% cacao or higher
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine dry ingredients except for coconut sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- With an electric hand mixer, cream together coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla, peppermint, and egg.
- Beat on medium speed, then stir in the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips to evenly distribute.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 60 minutes.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet about 2” apart.
- Bake in the middle rack for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are set and tops are bumpy.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet 2 minutes, then carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely
Annmarie Gianni is a mother, health activist, entrepreneur, and founder of 3 successful businesses. Over ten years ago, she and her husband, Kevin, formed a team and Annmarie Skin Care was founded to provide a clean, natural skin care experience using natural, organic and wildcrafted ingredients. After a few years of focusing on creating a successful skin care business, Annmarie was able to step away and focus on raising her kids. Today, you’d find Annmarie volunteering her time at her kid’s school, helping out at community events, going on trail runs, and spending quality time with her family.
what’s your skin snapshot?
Take the Quiz
Our skin is affected by many factors, including our environment, health, the food we eat, and more. Get your free personalized results and find out your skin snapshot!