what’s your skin snapshot?
Our skin is affected by many factors, including our environment, health, the food we eat, and more. Get your free personalized results and find out your skin snapshot!
Whether you are smelling a rose, tea tree, or lavender plant, you are actually smelling the aromatic oil contained within the plant. This plant oil may help repel predators and fight plant disease, and even encourage pollination. The oil is found in the stem, bark, roots, leaves, and petals of plants.
Essential oil is the distillation and capture of this oil, and when used in its pure form, it has many uses. In its refined form, essential oil a highly concentrated form of the oil found in the plant, and so, requires a great deal of plant matter to produce the smallest amount of an essential oil. For example, it takes 10,000 roses to produce a bottle of rose oil the size of your thumb.
What is the purpose of essential oil? Each oil derived from each specific kind of plant has a specific function, but generally, essential oils have been used in ancient cultures for different reasons, and for therapeutic reasons. Depending on which kind you use, essential oils have the power to energize, calm, and even purify. Some are even known to help reduce the look of uneven skin tone and texture.
We offer 4 different kinds of essential oil blends, each with a different purpose.
- Calm is soothing and allows for peace and tranquility
- Grounded can be used for strength, or to make you feel more secure
- Love is heart-opening so that you can be your most loving self
- Passionate relaxes and opens the door for sensuality
The oils can be used in the following ways:
- Applied to the wrists and neck like a perfume
- Mixed with a carrier oil (like grapeseed oil, coconut oil, or olive oil) and used as a moisturizer
- Used in an essential oil diffuser for aromatherapy
- Mixed with water to be used as a room spray
Our essential oil blends are carefully balanced and wildcrafted from organically grown plants for an all-natural experience, tailored to fit your needs.
We, at Annmarie Skin Care are mothers, fathers, sons and daughters, just like you—so in addition to creating the best natural skin care possible, we are committed to creating a better, more sustainable—and in turn, more beautiful world.